Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Old friends..................

      Renias stops and turns to me, "Come, buti, it's your turn now," he says.

     He brings me to the front of the line and offers me the trail.  My job now will be to follow, and as we are close, Renias and Alex will look over the top of me into the brush ahead so that we don't come upon the lions without seeing them.  At the head of the trail, I feel the natural pressure of being thrown the ball in front of people I admire.

     Suddenly, I feel an old friend who has walked with me for years arise.  Each of us has these friends, mine is called self-doubt.  I have learned rather than to resist him, to invite him in, welcoming him as a teacher of humility.  Together we continue.  The first track, and then the next first track.

-Boyd Varty, The Lion Tracker's Guide To Life


No comments:

Post a Comment