Thursday, November 10, 2011

And to think he was a Milton scholar.............























Operating on the theory that a) we should encourage all the
budding authors and blogsters that we can, and b) that people
who can string words together in an interesting fashion are worth
paying attention to, and c) that exiles from academia should be
rewarded not punished,  I propose you go visit the new blog
of Jarod Anderson.

Jarod (operating now as J. Kelley Anderson) has discovered a
taste for Stephen King:

"Well, it’s happened. I have been away from academia for four months and I’ve started liking Stephen King. I have descended from my handcrafted biodegradable perch of literary hipsterdom. I have navigated the obscure and treacherous rivers of artisan beers in my kayak of self-satisfaction, and I have found myself afloat in the Budweiser Sea of mainstream fiction. My literary snob credentials are forever lost."

(Editors Note:  In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention
that J. Kelley is the very talented son of my business partner of
these many years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment