Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A factory of sadness....................

This blog prides itself on its optimistic and sunny disposition. Sometimes, however, the dark side is soooooo inviting.

For those who care about such things, I grew up in Philadelphia. At that point in our nation's history, rooting for a Philly team almost always meant you were rooting for the underdog.  I have happily carried that habit with me for all my life.

When I moved to Ohio in the mid-1970's neither the Browns nor the Bengals appealed to me.  Then along came 1979 and Brian Sipe and Sam Rutigliano and the "Kardiac Kids," and I was hooked by the feistiness of the Browns.  That era passed, with heartbreak not triumph, but I remained a Browns fan.  Over those years they have occasionally been good, but mostly they filled my requirement for underdogness quite nicely.  

But................enough is enough.


1 comment: