Tuesday, December 6, 2011

OK, Coach........................



I don't care how good you play, you can find somebody who can beat you, and I don't care how bad you play, you can find somebody you can beat.

I learn teaching from teachers.  I learn golf from golfers.  I learn winning from coaches.

Be brave if you lose and meek if you win.

A good grip, good balance and a good attitude make you a winner.

Nobody ever promised you life would be fair. To change your life you have to change the way you think.

It seems to me that confidence is the feeling we want to have in playing golf. But we can’t dismiss the value of faith either. I think faith is in the heart, and confidence is in the mind.

The ability to concentrate is good, but thinking too much about how you are doing what you are doing is disastrous. Trust your muscles and hit the ball in the hole. Keep it simple.

Life consists of a lot of minor annoyances and a few matters of real consequence.

A golfer rarely needs to hit a spectacular shot unless the one that precedes it was pretty bad.

A tournament champion is a winner on the golf course. A person of honor is a winner everywhere.

-Harvey Penick

No comments:

Post a Comment