Sunday, March 25, 2012

On Faith......................

"Some things need to be believed to be seen,"
-Ralph Hodgson


"All the scholastic scaffolding falls, as a ruined edifice, before a single word:  faith."
-Napoleon Bonaparte


"A god has his abode within our breast; when he rouses us, the glow of inspiration warms us; this holy rapture springs from the seeds of the divine mind sown in man."
-Ovid


"Listen to the voices."
-William Faulkner


"The great act of faith is when man decides that he is not God."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.


"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson


"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Faith is a sounder guide than reason.  Reason can only go so far, but faith has no limits."
-Blaise Pascal


"I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining.  I believe in love even when I am alone.  I believe in God even when He is silent."
-anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment