Sunday, April 21, 2013

A few verses....................Part 1

     A man should not hate any living creature.  Let him be friendly and compassionate to all.  He must free himself from the delusion of "I" and "mine."  He must accept pleasure and pain with equal tranquility.  He must be forgiving, ever-contented, self-controlled, united constantly with me in his meditation.  His resolve must be unshakable.  He must be dedicated to me in intellect and in mind.  Such a devotee is dear to me.
     He neither molests his fellow man, nor allows himself to be disturbed by the world.  He is no longer swayed by joy and envy, anxiety and fear.  Therefore he is dear to me.
     He is pure, and independent of the body's desire.  He is able to deal with the unexpected;  prepared for anything, unperturbed by anything.  He is neither vain nor anxious about the results of his actions.  Such a devotee is dear to me.
     He does not desire or rejoice in what is pleasant.  He does not dread what is unpleasant, or grieve over it.  He remains unmoved by good or evil fortune.  Such a devotee is dear to me.
     His attitude is the same toward friend and foe.  He is indifferent to honour and insult, heat and cold, pleasure and pain.  He is free from attachment.  He values praise and blame equally.  He can control his speech.  He is content with whatever he gets.  His home is everywhere and nowhere.  His mind is fixed upon me, and his heart is full of devotion.  He is dear to me.
     This true wisdom I have taught will lead you to immortality.  The faithful practice it with devotion, taking me for their highest aim.  To me they surrender heart and mind.  They are exceedingly dear to me.

Chapter 12
Verses 13-20
Bhagavad-Gita

No comments:

Post a Comment