Monday, April 22, 2013

A few words from Warren Buffett...............















“Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” 

"The line separating investment and speculation, which is never bright and clear, becomes blurred still further when most market participants have recently enjoyed triumphs. Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money."

“There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. ” 

"Long ago, Ben Graham taught me that 'Price is what you pay; value is what you get.' Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down."

“It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.” 

"You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing."

“When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.” 

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

“Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”

“Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.”

“A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.” 

“If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment