Saturday, April 13, 2013

Still one of my most valued possessions......
















Some smart person in the Intertunnel, whose opinion I value, suggested reading Things Worth Fighting for:  Collected Writings by Michael Kelly.  Wanting to accept said recommendation, my natural first step was to check with the nice people at Amazon.  Oops, $209.99.  Not going there.











My natural next step was to check with the public library.   Not finding it anywhere in their system, I checked with the nice man behind the desk.  He explained that the Newark Library was part of SEO, a consortium of 87 library systems sharing resources.  Usually one of those libraries will have a requested book, but if they did not, well....that did not mean we couldn't find it somewhere.  He promised to check other options, and if successful, would send a signal.  The signal arrived, as did the book.   It is a wondrous world.


                                                                                                     

1 comment:

  1. Steve,

    I'm glad you got a copy. It is well worth the search.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete