Friday, July 5, 2013

Speaking of longitude and latitude

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
-Henry David Thoreau


When I'm playful I use the meridians of longitude and parallels of latitude for a seine, and drag the Atlantic Ocean for whales.
-Mark Twain

Existing rules and principles can give us our present location, our bearings, our latitude and longitude. The inn that shelters for the night is not the journey's end. The law, like the traveler, must be ready for the morrow. It must have a principle of growth
-Benjamin Cardozo

Where in this small-talking world can I find A longitude with no platitude?
-Christopher Fry

With these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, nothing remains quite the same.  With all of my running and all of my cunning, if I couldn't laugh I just would go insane.  If we couldn't laugh we just would go insane.  If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.
-Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment