Monday, December 14, 2015

Opening paragraphs...............


      My name is Sebastian Rudd, and though I am a well-known street lawyer, you will not see my name on billboards, or bus benches, or screaming at you from the yellow pages.  I don't pay to be seen on television, though I am often there.  My name is not listed in any phone book.  I do not maintain a traditional office.  I carry a gun, legally, because my name and face tend to attract attention from the type of people who carry guns and don't mind using them.  I live alone, usually sleep alone, and do not posses the patience and understanding necessary to maintain friendships.  The law is my life, always consuming and occasionally fulfilling.  I wouldn't call it a "jealous mistress" as some forgotten person once so famously did.  It's more like an overbearing wife who controls the checkbook.  There's no way out.

-John Grisham,  Rogue Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment