Thursday, April 14, 2016

Aging like a fine wine...............


“Don't you understand that we need to be childish in order to understand? Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn't developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don't expect to see.” 
-Douglas Adams


“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” 
-C.S. Lewis


“Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing.” 
-Mark Z. Danielewski


"To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity."
 -William Arthur Ward

"We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we move from the passive voice to the active voice- that is, until we have stopped saying 'It got lost,'  and say, 'I lost it.'"
 -Sydney J. Harris

"Maturity:  The confidence to have no opinions on many things."
-Alain de Botton

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” 
-Rabindranath Tagore


“Maturity is when your world opens up and you realize that you are not the center of it.” 
-M.J. Croan


"We are all mature until someone brings out the bubble wrap"
-anon



No comments:

Post a Comment