Sunday, April 24, 2016

Speaking of magic..................


(Of course, it is only magical to those of us who have a hard time grasping algorithms, big data, and all that jazz).........















































In the past few days I have posted on this blog excerpts from the three books prominently advertised this morning on the Drudge Report as it was viewable from my computer.   (Of course, I am assuming that it is no coincidence, and that if you were to visit the Drudge Report right now different ads would appear on your screen.  If you test it, please report back.)  Two of those books are on loan from the Licking County Library system and the third I read while standing up in a book store (you mean you don't?).  It should be noted that I tend to link the book title back to Amazon, so faithful readers can see the source for themselves.  But still,  their computing power is fairly impressive when the Leviathan Amazon can follow my trail  through the Intertunnel and put ads for books they know I have an interest in right in front of my face.  It actually feels fairly creepy and makes me not want to buy from them those specific books.  But, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment